girl + bike + camera = love

As spring approaches and peepers make their evening call, the smell of earth awakening just as the birds greet us with their morning cacophony, the time is here with much awaited angst ... to ride my bicycle!

Cycling and photography are just two of my many passions and they go so well together.  I recently acquired a Go Pro Hero 2 that I can strap onto my helmet and share the beautiful roads around Connecticut.  Or anything for that matter!  I can mount it to my car, a surf board, my chest and jump out of an airplane.  There is no stopping the imagination!  A new door has been opened and I'm ready to go.  You wonder why I can't wait to get started!  This was my maiden voyage with the Go Pro on my bike yesterday.





video


I only wish I could share what it feels like to have the sun soak into your skin, the wind to cool you down, the fresh scent of pine needles and bird song.  Even greater, is the feeling that passes through your entire being when the ride is finished.  There are so many rewarding benefits to riding a bike.  

This is my happy face when I ride my 3-speed Schwinn (Photo by Paul Talbot)



I'm looking forward to shooting the Bethel Spring Series bike races on Sunday's and the Tour of Battenkill in April.  I've been shooting the bike races at Bethel for the past two springs and had the pleasure of discovering Cambridge, NY where the Tour takes place.  I met two wonderful photographers, now friends at Battenkill.  The three of us met on the start line and we agreed to carpool together and shoot the race from various locations.  It pays to take the leap.








Dust of your bike and ride.  I assure you, it will put a happy smile on your face.  If you don't have a bike, Benidorm Bikes in Canton, CT has an annual second-hand sale coming up on May 5 and 6.


You never know where the road will lead you, gather your courage, embrace your strength and most of all be kind to yourself.  Honor the smallest of achievements.



Comments

Popular Posts