garlic ramp pesto


It was Spring, 2006 when I went on my first wild edibles tour with "Wildman" Steve Brill to discover that I didn't have to go to a grocery store to cook a delicious, healthy meal.  Pretty much every wild edible grows on your lawn, in the woods or on the side of the road or field.  I've always been pesticide free, so whatever I pick from my lawn is safe to eat.  Spring is the best time to forage your food, prep and stock up.  I always look forward to the garlic ramps that grow abundantly in the woodlands right out my front door.  There are so many delicious recipes to make and one of my favorites is pesto!  Bon appetit! 

Ramp Pesto
Ramps are the worlds best onion tasting species.  Serve on pasta, bread, vegetables or bread.

8 cloves of garlic
15 bulbs and leaves (cleaned)
3 cups pine nuts or walnuts
1 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
Parmesan cheese to taste (optional)

In food processor combine ramps and garlic.  Add nuts, then oil and finally parmesan if you choose.








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts