Mad Hatter Easter Tea Party

How do you spend your Easter Sunday?  Well a Mad Hatter Tea Party with friends of course!  It all started with a dream when I heard, "Go Ask Alice when she's 10 feet tall ... "  singing in my head.  Ever since then, I've been singing this song for weeks.  The song is "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane.  No wonder all of my polyester vintage thrift shop outfits came together for this shoot.

“Do you think I've gone round the bend?"
"I'm afraid so. You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head.
But I'll tell you a secret.
All the best people are.”
~Lewis Carroll


Once I saw Natasha's Queen chair, I knew what needed to happen.  After all, Anne Rice sat in that chair.  With Easter less than a week away, I knew I needed to create a set for the Mad Hatter Easter Tea Party.  Designing the set was not only enjoyable, I got to borrow a few items from friends, tea cups and saucers from Heather, a rabbit mask from Jessica and a long striped coat from Lisa.  The rest was either in my closet or Natasha's.  I had fun antiquing and thrift shopping to add the final touches.  My favorite addition was using my grandmother's finest lace table clothes and doilies.  I added her silver tea pot and violet china pot to the mix.  

If my grandmother were still alive, I would be spending the day with her at the shore sharing a scrumptious meal and taking a walk on the beach.  She would have flipped if she saw how I set this table!  Eclectic and messy just the way the Mad Hatter would want it to be.  Nothing matching and everything in a jumble.




 




Special Thanks to Natasha and Tim for opening up their busy schedules and home on Easter for this shoot, for the props, modeling and assisting.  To Tim's sister, Amelie for playing Little Alice!  To my friend, Jillian for lending me her magical lense which has changed the shape of my photography forever!  This is my most memorable Easter ever and I know my grandmother is smiling in heaven.

Queen and March hare played by Natasha  
Mad Hatter by George
Little Alice by Amelie 
Big Alice by Corey Tucker (me!)

Photos by Corey Lynn Tucker Photography
Web

Comments

Popular Posts