Winters Long Run

Today is the perfect day to write this post because it still feels like winter even though it's actually Spring!  It was one hell of a long winter and it still feels like it doesn't want to let go.  I don't know about you, but I'm starving for the sun and warmth.  I've got a case of the blues.


They call it Stormy Monday
But Tuesday's just as bad.
They call it Stormy Monday
But Tuesday's just as bad.
Lord, and Wednesday's worse
And Thursday's all so sad.

The eagle flies on Friday,
Saturday I go out to play.
The eagle flies on Friday,
Saturday I go out to play.
Sunday I go to church,
Gonna kneel down and pray.

Lord have mercy,
Lord have mercy on me.
Lord have mercy,
Lord have mercy on me.
Though I'm tryin' and tryin' to find my baby,
Won't someone please send her home to me.

Originally, I planned on doing this shoot and it was cancelled due to bitter cold and blustery winds.  Given we had to hike in a mile with snow-shoes, shoot and have Sarah try to look glamorous, just wasn't going to happen.  So we rescheduled a month later and prayed the weather would be reasonable.  That's a lot to ask in New England.  I went out twice in one week and trudged through the deep snow to pack it down to make our trek easier.  I didn't want my model to work harder than she already had too!  I picked Sarah because not only is she a timeless beauty, she's not a pantywaist.  She's not afraid to work hard and be uncomfortable in order to get the shot, no matter what the weather.  She's a trooper!  This whole theme, "Winters Long Run" is about endurance, strength, fortitude and perserverance.  I knew Sarah has what it takes.  She's my kind of woman! 

What do you know, as Sarah was getting her make-up done by Paige at Afterglow Tanning and Beauty Bar, it started to flurry.  That didn't stop us.  We were on a mission to make this day happen.  We didn't need the snow-shoes afterall, but it was still a slippery slope.  It was a shoot we had both been patiently anticipating.

When Sarah showed up at my house with her costumes, we both teamed up and combined three different outfits for the day.  Most of our pieces were oldies, but goodies, vintage, borrowed or thrifted.  We both had so much fun putting her outfits together.  Like two kids in a candy shop!








I want to thank my friend Natasha, for her gorgeous fox and coyote hats, to Sarah for taking it beyond the uncomfortable realm and to Paige for doing make-up! 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. You are beautiful! I only wish I got it out sooner. Your welcome sweetheart.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts