cooling mint

As the weather grows hot and it feels like summer, even though we still have 19 days until summer solstice, our bodies crave cooling foods and hydration.  One of my favorite herbs is mint.  Because mint comes in such a large clump from the grocery store, here's a couple of things you can make to refresh your body on a hot day and not let anything go to waste.  

Every promise
is a present
in advance

Watermelon Mint Salad
8 cups of watermelon
1/4 cup of lime juice
1/2 cup of torn mint
salt and cayenne pepper to taste



Sun tea reminds me of my grandmother.  She would always make sun tea and combine lemonade with it.  I happen to love Yogi tea because there are fortunes on every bag.  I thought it would be fun to use every glass container for individualized tea goodness because I don't own a pitcher.  Once cooked in the sun, I added fresh squeezed lemon and shreds of mint and refrigerated.  So refreshing and wonderful for the body and soul.






I still had plenty of mint left, so I brought it to my friend's party and we made mojitos in the fresh night air.  Stay cool as a cucumber.




Comments

Popular Posts