dream

Remember when ...
we were young
curious
carefree
believed in fairytales and magic
dreamed of paradise on earth?

As we move through time, experience and life, that magic can fade from our reality, our hearts may get broken, we fall down and get scraped and bruised.  It can be hard to hold onto our youth and keep that fire burning.  How do we stay connected to that link?  Go for a walk barefoot in the grass and stare at the sky and watch time pass by.  Which leads me to remember this song.

I first heard "Green Grass" performed by Cibelle.  It was light, upbeat and reminded me of a butterfly.   I later discovered Tom Waits wrote this song with Kathleen Brennan and Curly Putman.  Listen to the all the renditions and see how each performer can make you feel differently.



I did this conceptual photoshoot in late July and time just slipped away from me this summer.  It was inspired of course, by nature and one of my favorite wildflowers, Queen Anne's lace.  I wanted to capture Lilia's youth, beauty and innocence.  As we switch from summer to fall and we say good-bye to the green grass for now, let's enjoy this rainy day and the bright leaves.

















Lilia and her mom, Margaret


Thanks to Lilia and her mom and dad, Margaret and Jon for their patience and a fun early evening together at the end of a summer day.  Usually I get to my photos right away and I'm glad I had a chance to sit with these awhile and really let the feelings percolate.  I don't know about you, but I will miss summer, so this is a great way to remember the beauty as we shift into the months ahead.

Now is a great time of year to capture the ones you love and send out memorable holiday cards.  I am available for family photos or your own styled portrait session.  Halloween is coming, costumes anyone?!  Shoot me an e-mail to book your appointment.

Thanks to the love of my life, George for assisting!

Comments

Popular Posts