Shoot and Share CT | Yale New Haven Bridal Shootout | Omni Hotel

This is what happens when 16 photographers get together on Sunday in January at the Omni Hotel in New Haven.  Imagine all of us, plus the two models, make-up artist and hair stylist squeezing into one room, each taking turns getting their shot of the models.  We know how to warm up a cold winter day and there was plenty of laughter too.  I think we all made it out of there with our gear in tact and no injuries.  That goes to show you, photographers are aware of their surroundings.  They tend to look before they leap.  Thanks to Maggie and Jason Henriques for coordinating the Shoot and Share Connecticut gang to learn and share ideas with other professionals in the industry.  It was refreshing to meet new faces with wonderful attitudes and a zest for learning.  The couple (Jason and Erica) who modeled were naturals and their posing was easy and without a fuss.  You could feel the love.  We had a brisk walkabout around the Yale campus after our hotel shootout.  I made some genuine connections and I look forward to following their journey in the photography world.  Looking forward to the next shootout or gathering so we can learn from one another and become the best while enjoying what we do.  Does it get any better than this?  Well, maybe the next destination would be warm and tropical.  

So this is how I see the world.  A mixture of professional portraits and behind the scenes to give you an idea of how I get the shot.  I primarily used my Canon 35 1.4 mm and 85 1.8 mm lenses all day.  I played with my Canon EX 600 EX-RT speedlites here and there, but mostly shot natural light.

If you're getting married, I'd love to hear from you!  I love small, intimate, casual weddings.  I particularly love barns, mountains, camp grounds and the woods.  I blend in like a fox and you won't even know I'm there.  If you need help posing, no problem or if you're going for photojournalistic, I've got you covered.













models | erica mastronardi + greg

Comments

Popular Posts