chasing sparrows | the mark twain house | hartford, ct

Chasing Sparrows

"Beauty, magic, transformation.  What I create is beauty.
The alchemy of beauty is magical and magic has the ability to transform."  ~Sue Wong

 


Are you ready for art history?  This editorial embodies the 1920's, with a romantic and intriguing tour through The Mark Twain House.  When I found this gorgeous 1920's blue velvet dress last year, I bought it because I knew I would find the perfect location and story for this piece someday.  Not long after, I found another treasure, a Sue Wong floral dress that embodied the 1920's flapper.  Emily was the perfect woman to fit into these lovely pieces of romantic history and together we reawakened the beautiful, historic past.  

I can relate to Sue Wong's philosophy.  I am someone who is born to create.  I have a love for art, fashion and history.  


"I'm someone who defines herself through her creativity.  My fashion creations are visual creations of art.  Creativity is something that emanates deeply from within the soul and is drawn from spirit essences.  If I couldn't create, I would be terribly, terribly unhappy."  




And then there is Mark Twain, the man, the legend.  He was a man of many quotes.

"Clothes do not merely make the man...clothes are the man."


Perhaps he was known best for the books, "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" and "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn." He was a man who traveled the world and asked controversial questions.  The Mark Twain House is an icon that is worth preserving.  If you would like to learn more about Hartford's history, please visit.  There are so many wonderful events happening at The Mark Twain House and Museum.  Special thanks for allowing me to create this fashion editorial to make my dreams come true.


Stylist + Photographer | Corey Lynn Tucker Photography 
Model | Emily Opper
Gracious Tour Guide | Joey Marsocci  
Assistant | George Mastrogiannis


1920's Vintage Blue Velvet Dress +  
Top Hat | Corey Tucker
Headband | BloomBazaar

Published - Feroce Magazine - April 2015



Comments

  1. More GORGEOUS-ness!!! with just enough mysterious creepiness. LOVE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! I don't usually do creepy, but when I learned there were ghosts in the house, I couldn't help myself. That was Mark Twain's daughter's bedroom and it had creepy dolls. Notice I didn't take photos of them. Dolls scare me. Ha ha.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful images. I love the misty, mysterious feel of them all. And their beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose! The Mark Twain House is intriguing and lovely.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts