honoring our mommas | mother's day mini-sessions | corey lynn tucker photography

I don't know about you, but I love my mom and I am lucky to still have her in my life despite the miles that keep us apart.  She has helped shape and mold the woman I have become today.  I admire her do-it-yourself, get down and dirty in the garden, listening ear, open heart, creative juju and perseverance.  She is committed to my dad and her family.  I couldn't ask for anything more.  By her example, I have faith in relationships, because as we know, it isn't easy.  I think being a parent is the toughest job in the whole world.  While it's rewarding, it comes with it's challenges.  Through all of the rainbows and earthquakes, they have seen it through.  That gives me hope and faith and most of all determination.  My whole family moved to Maine in 1999.  A long way away from Connecticut, a day's drive.  What used to be once a week family dinners has now turned into maybe three or four times a year get togethers.  For that, I am grateful and cherish each moment.  It gives us a chance to just be, to create and revel in each others personal time and space.

Time is ticking and it's precious.  I never had a chance to meet my fiance's mother, she passed from cancer in 2011.  George said I would have loved her and vice versa.  That said, Mother's Day is around the corner and cheers to all the moms out there.  Mother's Day makes me think of all the women I know, my grandmother, aunt, friends and clients.  Let me just say, you rock hard.  Thank you for giving it your all even when you don't have an ounce of energy left in your bones.  Even if you aren't a mother of a child like me, cheers to you woman, because you create every day and that is something to honor and celebrate.

If you would like to send some love her way, I'm offering Mother's Day mini-sessions on Sunday, May 3 in my studio.  Sign up by e-mailing me here.












Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts