white | natural light vs. strobes | corey lynn tucker photography studio

There were a few things I wanted to accomplish with this styled shoot.  Play with the double exposure functionality on my Canon 5D III, practice my lighting techniques with my gently used Alien Bees (strobe lighting) and compare that to natural light in my studio and outdoors.  The Alien Bees come with their own battery pack so I'm able to have access to bright lighting outdoors to compete against the sun.  These are the photos you see in high fashion magazines where a model is outdoors on a bright sunny day, blue skies and you can see every detail vs. the soft and dreamy look of natural lighting.

I contacted Krista to see if she wanted to be my test model and she aced it for her first time in front of the camera.  I used one light with a beauty dish and grid.   It was fun pulling all of my cool summer white pieces together for Krista to model.  I love the soft and dreamy feel of Free People.

Can you tell the difference between strobe lighting and natural light?  What is your preference?

Mother's Day is coming!  Book your portrait session for any occasion and I will create a bit of magic for you!  Now offering boudoir photography, tastefully done.  Contact me here.  We have the option to shoot in studio and the lovely Farmington River and woods are right outside my door.


















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts