transmute | vintage fashion | editorial

Transmute


It's no wonder, a garter snake appeared to me while I was outside taking photos of Evie and Sabrina.  Thus the name "Transmute" came to me.  Like a snake sheds it's skin, to grow; the leaves fall from  trees in autumn.  Like the seasons, fashion has it's cycles too.   How can we as humans transmute what's going on in the world today?

For me, it's the simple pleasures in life that bring me joy.  Something old is something new.  Finding vintage clothing is like going on a treasure hunt.  They don't make clothes the way they used too.  I found my inspiration in an antique store where I discovered Sue Turner's fabulous vintage clothing.  Instead of keeping everything uniform, I wanted to mix and match patterns, colors and textures.  I incorporated vintage treasures of my own including accessories.  Finding these clothes, brought me together with three new wonderful friends in my life.  Fear didn't stop me from asking.  The answer was a resounding yes.  Think about the possibilities that exist when you shed your skin and give yourself a chance to grow.





















Models | Sabrina Allard + Evie Cherie
Make-up | Make-up by Samar
Wardrobe | Vintage & Modern Boutique + A Cool Chic's Place
Styling | Corey Tucker
Corey Lynn Tucker Photography

Comments

Popular Posts