the place to bee | heirloom market at comstock ferre | old wethersfield, ct

It all started with Baker Creek's Heirloom Seed catalog I ordered for free this winter and noticed they sold their seeds at Comstock Ferre.  My husband had a jazz performance right up the road at Integrity'N Music a month ago, so I decided to drive around the corner to Old Wethersfield.  To my amazement, Comstock Ferre transformed into a beautiful natural foods grocery store and cafe with a tremendous heirloom seed collection complete with a greenhouse!  I remember Comstock Ferre as being a historic landmark where they used to sell plants and flowers.  Over the years it has changed ownership and I'm so happy Julia and her husband, Spiro have preserved history with this special gem, now called The Heirloom Market at Comstock Ferre.

I had a meeting with my friend and professional photographer, Rachel Girouard and suggested this as a halfway point to have a nice lunch and some coffee.  I enjoyed delicious spanakopita (a combination of Julia and her mother-in-laws secret recipe).  Rachel chose yummy tacos and both of our dishes were accompanied by kale chips.  Oh boy!  I added fresh beet, carrot, ginger and tumeric juice as my beverage and Rachel and I caught up about our wedding photography business.


You won't be disappointed with a visit to The Heirloom Market at Comstock Ferre.  Julia will be sure to greet you with a smile and delicious home-made treats.  Planning your garden, be sure to stock up on seeds.  Mine are percolating in my cold frames.  I can't wait to get my hands in the dirt.


















Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda! When are we going to photograph your cook book?!!! I can't wait to create with you. xoxo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts